Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why My Blogs Have Been Thin Recently

Shortly after starting my second blog, Hack Your Guitar, I cranked out a couple of good pieces for it and Old Mix Tapes. Then everything slowed way down. Actually, everything took off but my blogs didn't reflect that.

Since the end of July, when I first posted to Hack Your Guitar, I have:

1) Started learning Google Sketch Up so I can model guitar parts, specifically a nut I need to make
2) Installed and started learning Pluggo Jr. from Cycling '74
3) Made significant progress on a collaboration I'm not talking about yet
4) Cleaned up two classic guitars given to me by a friend who honest to God didn't know what they were
5) Dismantled my baritone hack in preparation for installing an EMG 808 and a brass nut 6) Finished arranging a track made almost entirely from scratch samples

...and that's just the musical stuff. Point being, when time allows I will have plenty to write about, including continuing the series I have started.

In the mean time why don't you take a look at the older pieces on Old Mix Tapes and e-mail me what you would like to read more of.

No comments: